Racing & Sailing
Marblehead has often been referred to as “the yachting capital” of the world, and Corinthian Yacht Club has made significant contributions toward that distinction. For more than 125 years, the CYC has made yachting, racing and cruising history, for which all members can be truly proud. The CYC was founded to foster and support an environment for competitive small boat sailing. Through robust racing and sailing programs for all ages and levels of abilities, members continue to honor this tradition.
- Team and fleet racing offers members and visiting skippers a broad range of racing events year-round. Racing calendars are coordinated with other yacht clubs and organizations in Marblehead Harbor. One design racing is facilitated through the Marblehead Racing Association (MRA), and handicap racing occurs under PHRF and IRC through the Massachusetts Bay Sailing Association.
- Corinthian Coastal Cruising (formerly Cruise Group) provides opportunities for all members who would like to venture beyond the local buoys, be it to nearby Manchester Harbor or ports throughout New England.
- Junior Sailing at the Corinthian has long fostered a passion for the sea for children ages 7 to 17. Classes are held throughout the summer and are open to both members and non-members, on the CYC's Prams, Optimists, and Sonars.
- Recreational sailing and lessons are offered for members of all ages and abilities who are interested in getting out on the water. Programs include Sonar Family Sundays, Ladies Tuesdays and Friday Evening Pursuits, as well as private sailing lessons.
- Sonar rentals are available as charters for members.
Regattas & Events
The CYC has a long history of hosting world class regattas including J/24 North Americans, R19 Nationals, and International One Design (IOD) World Championships. The CYC is hosting these signature events in 2019:
- NWSA Women's Sailing Conference June 1
- Summerset Regatta June 9
- Midsummer Ocean Race July 14
- The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta August 10 & 11
- Storm Trysail Club Ted Hood Regatta August 23, 24 & 25
- The Corinthian 2v2 Invitational Team Race (Hood Trophy) September 21
- Marblehead Chowder Cup September 29
- Collegiate Match Racing Championships November 1
The Race Committee is affiliated with the Marblehead Racing Association, which enables the CYC to provide racing opportunities throughout the entire year. You can complete regatta registration through Regattaman or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.