The waterfront staff and facilities are under the direction and control of the Race Committee and the General Manager. Members should note the provisions of bylaw §6.7, paragraph (a). Use of the waterfront by non-members who charter or own a vessel in partnership with one or more members is restricted. If the non-member is NOT accompanied by the member, waterfront use is limited to days on which their vessel is competing in an event sponsored or approved by the Corinthian Race Committee.
Piers and floats may not be used for swimming, fishing, or for any commercial activity.
The CYC encourages use of marine VHF-FM radio Channel 9 to request launch service. The audible signal is two blasts of a horn. The service area for launch operations is from the mouth of the harbor to a line between the Pleon and Boston Yacht Clubs. Beyond this line, service is limited.
Use of the Floats
- The main float is reserved for CYC launches and Race Committee vessels.
- Boats of members and guests may be tied up at the auxiliary floats for a reasonable period of time to take on or discharge passengers and supplies. Vessels may not be tied up to these floats overnight without the Dockmaster's permission. There is a 15-minute tie-up limit on weekends, holidays and special occasions. Vessels may not be left unattended at these times.
- The last side float is reserved for the Junior Sailing Program Monday through Thursday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Permanent tie-ups at the rear of the auxiliary floats, dry sailing spaces and dinghy storage spaces are available for a yearly fee.
Use of the Launching Hoist
Only members instructed by the waterfront staff in use of the hoist may operate this piece of equipment. Members must also read and follow posted rules and procedures. Those not involved in launching or hauling of boats should not be on the pier during these activities. Individuals under the age of 18 are not allowed to use the hoist or power washing equipment.
The hoist and pier may be used only for boats that weigh ten thousand pounds or less, including gear and equipment.
The facility closes at sunset. Further details are available from the waterfront staff. Members are responsible for damage to CYC property or the property of third parties resulting from use of the hoist, power washer or other hoist pier equipment to launch, haul or move boats. This equipment rule extends to trailers or trucks in the parking area and approaches to the pier.
Monday - Friday
- 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday
- 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Monday - Tuesday
Wednesday - Friday
- 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday (Columbus Day)
- 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
* Crane Hours Same as Above
* Club Dinghies are Available
The Waterfront closes for the season on Sunday, Oct. 29th
VHF Channel 09
Coast Guard Channel 16